Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 13 & 14 - 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials Journey

US Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifying Standard – 2:19:00 or under
My goal – 2:18:59 or under
Current PR – 2:30:03
Current Weeks Mileage Goal – 60 miles
Next Race – Palatine Turkey Trot 5 mile race in Palatine, Illinois on Thursday, November 25, 2010

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - Well this was a big day.  I only had 6 miles to do at 6:30 pace.  Did that pretty easy.  The main objective today was our men's and women's Nationals race.  The women raced first and did great, after not being ranked at all we ended up 5th overall.  Then men also ran well, finishing 7th overall.  Ryan Wojdyla busted out a huge race and finished 6th overall to be named a second team All-American.  It's worth mentioning that our only sophomore, Chris Hoffman, finished 16th overall and missed being an All-American by one spot.

After going to the awards ceremony and eating lunch, we got back to the hotel to clean up and head to New York City for the night!  We got dropped off at Times Square and it was a blast just walking around.  I had been to NYC once before eight years ago and knew the kids on the team would have their minds blown when they saw the big lights and tv screens and all the people.   I was right and they did, it was a blast.  It was a trip the members of this team will remember for the rest of their lives and I am glad I got to experience it with them.

Sunday, November 14, 2010 - Great day and night yesterday.  I got up and ran 6 miles around the neighborhoods outside our hotel.  I ran at about 6:45-6:50 mile pace as it took me a little while to get going from the last two days heavy hill pounding.  I am writing this on our coach bus in the middle of Pennsylvania on I-80.  Great trip, to close out a great cross-country season with Janet Franco, Chelsea McPherson, Melanie Mayer, Karoline Banasik, Jackie Hernandez, Chris Hoffman, Steve Heer, Ryan Wojdyla, Alec Walker, Jake Marchewka, David Chavarria and Ben Raiber


Eric Wallor

No comments:

Post a Comment